The term “heart disease” focuses on several types of abnormal heart conditions. A lot of people die from heart diseases all over the world. Out of these deaths, the majority are due to heart attacks. The few common diseases are Rheumatic heart disease, Cyanotic congenital heart disease, Arrhythmia and Cardiomyopathy. Heart diseases can be often fatal but there can be many ways to stop them.
For more detailed information about the types, symptoms and treatments, keep reading this article.
TYPES, SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT
RHEUMATIC HEART DISEASE
Rheumatic heart disease is a sickness in which rheumatic fever permanently destroys the heart valves. Under-treatment of eubacteria infection usually causes damage to the heart valve. A provocative condition is caused by an immune reaction in our bodies that can result is occurring valve damage.
The ordinary symptoms of rheumatic heart disease are as follows:-
- Distended, tender, red and massively hurting joints.
- Lumps beneath the skin.
- Red, swelling, rash, mostly on the chest, abdomen and back.
- Chest irritation and difficulty in catching breath.
- Involuntary movements of the arms, facial muscles or legs.
- Breathing problem during activity or even when resting.
- Sudden chest aches.
Treatment is always dependent on how much destruction has been incurred by the cardiac valves. In acute cases, treatment may contain surgery to restore or repair a mutilated valve.
The best way of treatment is to act on the early stages. Antibiotics can generally treat strep viruses and keep this fever from spreading. Anti-inflammatory drugs are used to lessen swelling and decrease the risk of heart damage. Other medicines might be needed to prevent heart failure.
CYANOTIC CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE
Congenital heart disease, or a congenital heart flaw, is a heart irregularity since birth. The problem focuses on:-
- The heart’s protective layer.
- The cardiac valves
Newborns with this defect may have the following symptoms:-
- Pale bluish toes, skin, fingers, and lips.
- Shortness of breath and breathing problems.
- Feeding disorder.
- Low body weight.
- Chest soreness.
- Retarded growth
In the rest of the cases, the symptoms of a congenital heart defect may not come into sight until a very long time after birth. Once symptoms become visible, they usually focus on:-
- Irregular heartbeats.
- Feeling light-headed.
- Difficulty in catching breath.
- Passing out.
The behaviour towards congenital heart disease is conditional on the kind and seriousness of the defect. In these instances, the treatment mostly focuses on:-
- Installable heart gadgets.
- Tube procedures.
- Heart transplant.
- Open heart operation.
An arrhythmia is an improper heartbeat which means the heart is acting differently from its usual rhythm. Arrhythmia is caused due to the malfunctioning of the electrical inducements.
- Chest thumping.
- Drowsiness and feeling lightheaded.
- Becoming unconscious
- Difficulty in catching breath.
- Weariness and fragility.
- Panic and anxiety disorder.
- Blurry vision
- Medicines like calcium channel blockers and beta-blockers.
- Ways to Treat a fast heart rate like coughing or gagging, cold water treatment.
- Fulguration and Cardioversion
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
Cardiomyopathy mentions the situations that affect the muscle layer of the heart (myocardium). Cardiomyopathy can solidify your heart, enlarge or condense it and can cause defective tissue. Henceforth, it becomes impossible for the heart to pump blood to the whole body successfully.
The indications of Cardiomyopathy focus on:-
- Disruption in breathing and shortness of breath especially during some kind of physical activity.
- Inflammation in the neck, toes, legs, abdomen and ankles
- Irregular heart rhythms.
- Passing out during activity involving physical toll.
- Pain in the chest, sometimes after overeating.
- Unusual grunts in the path of heartbeats.
Cardiomyopathy treatment focuses on managing the physical signs. The treatment gradually decreases the disease’s rapid development.
- Medications: Anticoagulants such as heparin also called Coumadin, beta-adrenergic blocking agents.
- Using devices for an improved blood flow: Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) devices control the contractions between the left and right parts of the heart. A left ventricular assist device (LVAD) assists the heart in pumping blood.
- Heart operation.
- Using devices to rectify incorrect heartbeat.
Heart disease is a very common health problem. Diseases like Rheumatic heart disease, Cyanotic congenital heart disease, Arrhythmia and Cardiomyopathy are treatable in the earlier stages but may prove fatal in severe cases therefore it is important not to ignore even the slightest symptoms.
However, heart disease can be kept at bay by a better diet with fewer fats, adopting a healthier lifestyle, reducing stress and aiming for healthy blood pressure and cholesterol numbers and giving the body the actual care that it requires.
Revive Nursing Home
Baguiati, Kolkata – 700159
(Behind SBI & Axis Bank)
Emergency No. 033 – 6655 4